Friday, May 2, 2014

The beauty world's worst kept secret

Coconut oil. It's all the rage but let's be real... It actually works. I started using it because I heard that it's better for you nutritionally, and who wouldn't want to get the best benefits from what you're putting in your body? I love the taste, the smell, the smoothness- YUM. But I honestly got over it as far as eating is concerned because it was tons of work trying to add to my diet. I don't eat enough oil to begin with so I found I was changing my whole diet trying to incorporate it. If you do though, definitely give it a shot!


Beauty products though? Those are right up my alley. I've tried EVERYTHING! For my regular face wash I use Ocean Salt by Lush. I love the way it smells, feels while you're washing, and the results I got. Recently I tried Beauty Counter's products and texture wise they were really similar so I'd definitely recommend giving those a try as well. ANYWHO. What prompted me to start scrubbing my face with oil....? I honestly just heard so much about it and had to see what would happen. I use it now as a make up remover. It's the best thing out there. I just take a little bit, rub it in my palms and apply it to my whole face. Then grab a tissue, cotton balls, whatever (just make sure you aren't scratching your skin) and remove all that gunk! It works like a charm! 

xx meg_era

P.S. ew.... Thank goodness for coconut oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment