Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oscars 2014


Good morning Everyone! Alright... We all saw it and we all formed our opinions about who wore what best and so on... But lets be real. What were some of these people thinking? The best and worst dressed lists I have seen this year are somewhat unexpected. There are definitely those who I thought would do a great job showing off their sense of style, and others who I hoped would just look put together enough to be on the red carpet (thanks to their stylist of course). I am very surprised though by what I saw. First of all, I'm not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence at all. I think she's overrated and makes girls feel bad about themselves by referring to herself as a "bigger" girl when she's clearly not. That being said she did look good.

The Betches (betcheslovethis.com) referred to her as a "Swedish Fish". I mean okay, I see where they're coming from. She looks SO elegant though. Her look was classic, but up to date with her necklace hanging down her back (here). I was not expecting to see her in red. I think it was a bold statement though, and certainly no one missed her while she was falling onto the carpet. The peplum waist on the dress accentuates her figure and the neckline brings added sophistication. She was definitely one of the better dressed that night. Other looks that stood out to me were Lupita Nyong’o (this girl looked absolutely stunning!), Anne Hathaway (talk about ROCKING Gucci), and Kristen Chenowith (this Broadway star looked fantastic in Roberto Cavalli-I want that dress).



Next up, Penelope Cruz... WHY?! It's the Oscars, not a tea party. The dress she chose covers up her shape and her body that I’m sure she works so hard for. The color is almost childish and by tying a black bow around her waist, okay I’ll give her that it shows her shape a little bit, but it also emphasizes the extremely youthful look to her outfit. This woman is absolutely stunning. She could have looked SO much better! Penelope is lucky, she can wear bold colors or neutrals and still maintain her elegance and sophistication. She has worn black, navy, deep purples, etc. and still looked so lively and quite frankly hot. I don’t know what possessed her to try something this different on such a big night. I hope she learned though that pastels are clearly not her thing. It would have been great to see her in a dress like the one Jennifer Lawrence is wearing. That color would have looked great against her skin and dark hair! Instead, she is now on the top of everyone's worst dressed list, and I'm hoping regretting her choice entirely. 

Penelope was definitely not the only one who flopped that night though. Some of these stars need to get a third, or hundredth, opinion on what they are going to be wearing. The entire world is seeing them and judging by how many people are making these best/worst dressed lists, they are seriously being watched!

I'm curious to hear who was on everyone else's best/worst dressed list! Comment below with some of your favs, and some outfits I'm sure you wish were burned. 

xx meg_era

No comments:

Post a Comment